Ponies

Good morning! You made it to May 30, 2020 and yes, it is still a good thing. You are still breathing and still here to see history in the making. Our future grandchildren will learn of 2020 and germs, politics, racism, unemployment and civil unrest, a president that sparred with a social media company while the country burned and George Floyd. Hubby was home yesterday and we turned off the world and retreated to the safety of our car and took a short drive to Box Canyon as it has been re-opened. We left early so I would be able to take a few photos of the canyon before it got too hot. It was nice driving or should I say, riding, as I am the forever “shotgun rider,” down the 86 toward the Salton Sea. I was very so high so I did not take my camera out till we got close to the Box Canyon turn-off.

Before we go on this little adventure, the Universe gifted another gem, singer and fiddle player, Phoebe Hunt. Her website lists her as “Mystic Indie Folk” and me likey a lot! I noticed her on the people I should know a few times so I checked her out this morning and so glad that I did. Thank you again Universe, for the gift! Do check out her website for more info on this star or give her a follow on your favorite social media avenue. So press play for a little road music to go along our journey…

Sweet little song right here…and that bass oh my….

I saw water and made Hubby stop!!
I love fences and taking photos through them.

We were driving down this one road that we had turned down that was off the 86 when I spotted water. I made Hubby pull over so I could take a few photos. Truly the view and landscape of Coachella Valley look like a jigsaw puzzle.

Oooh water and what is this thing?!?
The fields were busy with workers.

The fields have always hypnotized me whenever we drive around the Valley with their intricate lines that seem to roll as you whiz by on the freeways or streets.

I tried but was to high and not quick enough to catch many photos during this stretch.

The last time that we had tried to venture into Box Canyon was during the last Lyrid meteor shower a month ago. The road had been closed under the order of Riverside County due to the Covid-19 shut downs. Was I upset? Nah. Did it make me hate the governor of California for wanting to protect us? No. I was just kind of miffed caused there was no place to pee. I knew in due time it would reopen and we could freely travel through there again.

For you movie scouts, Box Canyon is a great location for shooting! Check it out!

It was a nice, short trip. Just what I needed to silence the outside world and current events for just a moment. I took that time to work on my interviewing skills. Working with Hubby has its drawbacks. I am what people call “thinned skinned”. I sometimes don’t get his dry, sarcastic humor. Sometimes, it scares me, he scares me. I clam up and can’t speak or function. Anyhow, glad that he is my first subject because if I can get through one with him and make it decent then I can work with just about anyone. He really is knowledgeable and gives great feedback. He does remind me of my Dad in his no-nonsense thinking at times that keeps me from straying into bad places. Hopefully, I will have the video edited and ready soon that I shot yesterday. I will include a bit of the practice interview.

Thank you dear reader for the visit. Where ever in the world you are today take a deep breath, because you can. Where ever you are going get there safely. Hugs…

14 Comments Add yours

1. I’ve lived in the Coachella Valley for 8 1/2 years now, but still haven’t been to Box Canyon.

1. Good morning! Hope you are doing well.

It is only 30ish minutes from Palm Desert depending of which route you take. Many people from the CV don’t know about it πŸ™‚ I have only been here 5 years and because I have health issues long car rides are tough so my husband is always looking for points of interest within the CV for us to check out. There really is lots to do out here πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

2. morishige says:

Oh my… One Trick Pony is awesome. Her voice has the energy. I can feel the vibe from the beginning when she said that she needs to learn the beat. And the song blends with this post. πŸ™‚ I love the photos. Really do. πŸ™‚

Hahaha… It’s funny because once in a while Madam clam up when my word-playing goes too far. But when she change the lyrics of a song I’m the one who clam up. πŸ˜€

Good evening from the other side of the globe. I hope you stay well πŸ˜€

Liked by 1 person

1. Hello friend! Hope all is well on your side of the world. Life here is getting to be like a bad sci-fi horror film with a glowing villian who keeps throwing out catch phrases.

SO, glad you liked her. I thought she was amazing when I heard her. SHe seems to have a glow about her when she performs and it comes across in her music and the way it sounds. Thank you for being so kind about my photographs!

Oh how sweet that would be to see you guys perform. Every once in a while Hubby will play a song I know on he guitar and I will sing along. Those times are the best, I wish we did it more. Your word playing? THat is awesome if she can improvise and sing at the same time. Hopefully she changes the world or lyrics to make jokes about you…kidding πŸ™‚

Be safe and well πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

1. morishige says:

Howdy! Things are going well around this part. But I don’t know, they’re lifting the movement restrictions to make the economy spin. About two days ago, there was a video on the Internet about hundreds of young people camping in a peak of a hill or something, and most of them didn’t even bother wearing face mask. I don’t know what they were thinking….

Yeah, I follow the news about the States. I almost thought that it’s all just a dream. But I hope Coachella Valley stays peaceful.

If we were still listening to mixtape, I would buy a copy of her album. πŸ˜€

You’re most welcome, Michelle. But, true, the photos are awesome, particularly the photo of a tree in front of the cliff.

That’s a start then. πŸ˜€ It’s nice to sing together, isn’t it?

Yes, she often changes the lyrics to make jokes about me–and laughs when she sees that I’m irritated. πŸ˜€

You stay safe too! πŸ˜€ Have a wonderful day. It’s midnight here in Southeast Asia. πŸ˜€

Liked by 1 person

2. Hi there! Glad the hear that your world is moving in a good direction. Yeah, the strain on the economy has been hard everywhere. Did your government help? We were given a stimulus payment to boost our economy but it looks like the economy will need so much more. Was that video from the USA because I have seen many. Right now, people are fighting just to fight an then there our people that are fighting for a cause and to stop the bleeding in our hurt world.
        Coachella Valley has been fairly calm athough there have been a few incidences that may or may not have been attributed to rioters. The temperatures out here in the desert make rioting not so easy. Actually, living in the desert has it’s perks πŸ™‚

Yeah she is very good. I have listened to her on youtube. Her live music is fantastic. She has very good stage presence and she glows when she sings.

Thank you for the compliment on the photo. I love that whole drive and it is only about 15 minutes, start to finish

It is fun to sing with others, really. I miss it so. My voice is not really good, really, but I still do it πŸ™‚ I like her! hubby also changes the lyrics to songs and it always makes me laugh. Have fun you two and be safe. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

3. morishige says:

I hope it moves to the right direction. It frustrates me that “they” only want to fix the economy. It seems to me that we, the citizens, are only statistics. But what is economy without people? Excuse my ranting… πŸ˜€

They launched a program for those who lost their job because of this pandemic. But scholars and experts are laughing about it because it is so irrelevant. And they’re started to shut the journalists and critics. Oh my… I suddenly remember the slogan of the Washington Post: Democracy Dies in Darkness.

Glad to hear that Coachella Valley is not really affected. πŸ™‚ Yeah hahaha…. They’re gonna get thirsty after 5 minutes on the road. πŸ™‚

Wow, 15 minutes? You’re surrounded by such beautiful a landscape. πŸ™‚

Ahahaha… Yeah, it’s fun. πŸ˜€ I’m sure you know the Minions of Despicable Me…. You know, she can sing the whole Banana song. πŸ˜€

Have a wonderful day. πŸ˜€

4. No worries! Rant on! Governments tend to forget that fixing the economy means that need to also help fix the community as well. You explained how many of us feel right now, like a number.

So your citizens are experiencing the same issues as here in the States. Are they censoring journalists? Wow! Well here on TV I saw a few journalist get “censored” on live TV. Well really, they were tear gassed and had rubber bullets shot at them by the authorities. Our media will not let darkness stop them from reporting. That quote is o true and fitting.

Some of the kids here in the area are used to the heat but yeah after 100 degrees and the suns blistering rays, the weather polices this area.

That is too funny! I want to hear or see her version of the minions!! I am cracking up just imagining! Thank you for the laugh πŸ™‚

Have a good night and a great day… πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

5. morishige says:

Howdy!

Yes, they are beginning to shut people. Several days ago there was a veteran journalist who was reported to the police by a politician because he criticized public policy on a tweet post! Can you imagine that?

I hope some of our media brave enough to voice the truth.

I too always laugh every time she sings it. Hahaha… πŸ˜€

Have a great day. πŸ˜€ I hope things are doing well there in Coachella Valley. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

6. Hi there!

Wow. Journalists all over are being censored. Here the one covering the protests got gassed and arrested. Yes, I never could have imagined half the things that are going on right now but if a UFO were to land I wouldn’t be surprised.

The media here will never be silent, no matter what. That is our constitutional right. Our president obviously didn’t take US government in high school like it is required here in the US.

I am sure that it is quite show when sings the Minions song. Hopefully you dance along as she sings, oh yeah and make faces πŸ™‚

You have a great evening and stay safe and informed. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

7. morishige says:

Yes. It seems like they’re trying to force some idea so they do anything to shut journalists. But I guess it’s hard to do that today because we can collect any information from the internet, from any sources.

We have some vocal media here and I guess they are struggling to enlighten people. I hope they won’t surrender.

Yeah… making face and all. I can’t help but laugh πŸ˜€ Will do. πŸ˜€

You too, Michelle. Have a wonderful day. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

8. Good morning!
        It’s kind of funny they way everything is being handled, at least from here. With social media it is to hard to censor everything. With technology the way it is, camera phones and such, everyone and anyone with a phone or recording device is a reporter, technically.

Media people will never be silent, unless forced or gagged. No chance of media surrendering, at least not all of them πŸ™‚

Have a great day and be well πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

9. morishige says:

Good evening!

So true. But what worries me is the way the authority deals with the education. They create a system that doesn’t encourage people to philosophically comprehend things, making them unable to criticize the wrongdoings.

Yeah. At least we can do it through information-swapping on the comment form. πŸ™‚

You too. Have a wonderful dan and be well. πŸ™‚

3. How your country deals with education or the world in general? Are there certain taboos that are not taught? It sounds like the “ignorance is bliss” sort of thinking. I never really thought about having a government teaching a version of their own cleaned up history…that is scary but after listening to our president and his imagined greatness, is this sort of the same thing?

Yes, we can do info swapping via the comment form, probably the best way sometimes. πŸ™‚

Have a great day and I hope you get out and go for a bike ride.